If you think your case might be suitable for direct access representation and you wish to instruct one of our barrister then these are the next steps;
– Fill in our online form
– Within 24 hours of receiving the form, our dedicated Public Access Practice Manager will contact you to help you in assessing the appropriate barrister for your case.
– That information will then be forwarded to the nominated barrister.
– The barrister will offer you a free 15 minutes screening call to consider whether your case is suitable and whether you wish to instruct him/her. It is an opportunity for you and your barrister to better understand matters before anything formal is decided.
– If there is agreement to instruct the barrister, you will then receive further communication from the Practice Manager about fees; this will always be sent to you in writing.
– If you agree to the quote and are happy to proceed you will be sent an agreement and client care letter, we ask you for 2 forms of identification with a photograph and payment and we ask you to sign the client care letter.
– Once your ID has been verified and payment received in advance then your barrister can start working on your case. If at any stage additional work is required, fees detailing the work will be discussed with you in advance and agreed upon and paid in advance before any work is undertaken. Any additional work agreed upon may require a further agreement between you and your barrister.
– All fees are subject to VAT at 20%